Old 03-02-2007, 11:55 PM
Maggie Perkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyboy4
Hi folks, I'm wondering if you can help me, i live in the Glasgow area and have always live in flats but now have got a house with my first garden
I have mature rose bushes all along the front of the house but i have seen in my local park(Victoria park) the type of rose bush that i would like to have
I don't know the name of them , the bush is on the end of a long stalk , about 3ft high 2" in dia with a bush on top with red roses

With the vague description can anyone tell me the name of them or would i be better trying to approach the gardeners in the park

cheers
As you are living in Scotland the rose plant you describe will be known as a standard rose.
Maggie, Somerset. UK.