Old 04-02-2007, 03:23 AM posted to aus.gardens
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default Horn Fertiliser

"TACAN" wrote in message
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message
"TACAN" wrote in message

Has anyone had any experience with "horn manure" and if so were

the
results
good, bad or indifferent?

By "horn manure" do you mean the Biodynamic fluid which is made

after
burying manure filled cow horns in the soil and then used to make
Formula 500?

Apologies to everyone for late reply (have been a bit off-track

lately) and
thanks also for all advice.

Yes the horn manure is the bio-dynamic fluid I had been reading

about.
Actually saw a documentary on ABC TV many years ago - they reported

the
whole process of stuffing the cow horns with manure, burying it when

the
moon was full (or something like that) and digging it x months

later.
Truly interesting (and different).

What is this Formula 500 brew?? and where would I buy it?

I don't think you can buy it. I think you have to make it. And I
seem to recall that it involves putting some of the horn poo into
water then stirring like mad in one direction (for ages) and then
suddenly stopping stirring and then reversing the stir - and it
involves getting a vortex going whilst stirring so it's not for the
unfit.

Have google searched this one & can only pick up references to

formula 500
racing cars. :-)

I've done some hunting for you. I haven't read these as I'm short of
time but they look like they might give you more info:
http://users.netcon.net.au/hermes1/prep500.html
http://www.kheper.net/ecognosis/essa...namic_500.html
http://www.biodynamics.net.au/what_is_biodynamics.htm
http://mechlinx.com/biodynamic/noro.html
http://www.abc.net.au/gardening/stories/s1806608.htm
http://www.dgsgardening.btinternet.c...iodynamics.htm

Certainly a fascinating and interesting approach to gardening,

agriculture
etc but unfortunately I dont have too much of the time and $$ to go

down
this track

I think it would be just as good to just garden organically and to
concentrate on feeding and maintaining the soil micro-organisms. By
this I mean a regime of animals manures, compost, various teas made
from weeds, manure etc and mulching etc.