Old 04-02-2007, 01:04 PM posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,sci.bio.entomology.misc,rec.gardens,sci.chem
C.D. Koger C.D. Koger is offline

Default European Wasps?

Here in the Meds we take a Cola bottle, cut of the upper half and press that
upside down in the lower half. The bottle is partly filled with some beer
mixed with fruit juice and hung by a piece of wire. The wasps go in, cannot
find the the exit hole and drown. It takes some time for the first wasps to
come in, but then an avalanche effect starts because the smell of decaying
insects attracts them. Some farmers have their own secret recipe, like white
wine with lavender or chicken soup, but I think it works with any liquid
when it's hot and the wasps are thirsty.

"John Savage" wrote in message
om...
writes:
What would happen if you put some mince meat in a plastic zip-loc bag,
and sprayed copious amounts of fly spray inside, then thoroughly mixed
it in?

Another source of insecticides for your experimentation would be those
in the gardening section of stores. A bit of malathion (sp?) can be added
to homemade fruit fly lures to kill the flies, so I'd guess it would do
the same for wasps.