Old 03-01-2007, 05:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Two Acre Wood (Happy New Year)

"Patty Peeples" wrote in message
.. .

Hello Mary...Did you get to see all of the photos of him at the link at
Two Acre Wood?

I did. I have had time to explore the earlier editions though - yet.

Opossums are common here in the US
They are nocturnal (night creatures) They have babies like the Kangaroos
do. (belly pouch)

Ah - a marsupial.

They hang upside down in trees by their tails to sleep.

I thought that was ring-tailed lemurs. But what do I know :-)))

When I was in Puget Sound there were nightly visits to my host's deck from
raccoons, they look a bit like opossums. They'd knock on the glass for dried
dog food - large sack was kept inside just for them. Not all my friend's
friends were happy about this, they said it encouraged the raccoons to raid
garbage.

We have similar problems with fox here :-(

Mary

I haven't seen this...I read about it.
cheers to you,
Patty Peeples