Old 07-01-2007, 11:53 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Tillandsias

"wendy7" wrote in message
Good growing to you Mary, your plant could be Billbergia nutans & is in
the
Bromeliad family.
I grow mine out side here in S.Calif & never stop watering. They are
planted
in a very coarse mix so that they drain fast & I water in the cup or tube
as well.

Thanks, Wendy, I thought bromeliads shouldn't be watered ... mine is in a
potting compost and the pot is in a container, I always water from the
bottom. The flower is stunning but it doesn't flower often.

I'm going to have to do a lot of learning!

Mary