Old 04-02-2007, 04:42 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] rossr35253@forteinc.com is offline

Default Heirloom Tomatoes

On 2 Feb 2007 15:06:22 -0800, "Art Hutchison in NOLA 8b"
wrote:

On Feb 1, 9:01 am, (Mel M Kelly) wrote:
Does anyone have and grow heirloom tomatoes? That is my thing. I have 3
varities now Russian, Irish and talian. I had one last year that weighed
2 lb. 10 oz. and was great flavor. My Irish is the biggest but the
Russian is the best table tomato.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Hi Guys...am growing Heirlooms this year for the first time. I have
some Hibreds
growing from seed now, but will be concentrating on Heirlooms mostly,
this year.
I also will enjoy what ever info & help I am able to get here.....I
wish us luck.
Best Regards, Art in New Orleans....BTW, where are you ?

Check out Solana Seeds, a small seed supplier in Quebec, Canada.
They have over 200 varieties of heirloom tomatoes. We've had excellent
results with their seeds and they have very reasonable prices.
We normally plant over 20 different tomato varieties each year. Here's
just a few of our favourites: Anna Russian, Aunt Ruby's German Green,
Debarao, Longkeeper, Polish Linguisa, Pruden's Purple and Principe
Borghese (for drying).
http://solanaseeds.netfirms.com/welcome.html

Ross.
To email, remove the "obvious" from my address.