Old 04-02-2007, 05:08 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Penelope Periwinkle Penelope Periwinkle is offline

Default Heirloom Tomatoes

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 10:01:20 -0500, (Mel M Kelly)
wrote:

Does anyone have and grow heirloom tomatoes? That is my thing. I have 3
varities now Russian, Irish and talian. I had one last year that weighed
2 lb. 10 oz. and was great flavor. My Irish is the biggest but the
Russian is the best table tomato.

I grow a lot of heirloom and open pollinated tomatoes. The taste is
just so much better. Some good sites to find heirlooms a

www.seedsavers.org

www.rareseeds.com

www.southernexposure.com/

www.seedsofchange.com

Most seed catalogs also have at least a few varieties of heirlooms,
too.

My tomato list this year is

Stupice
OTC Brandwine
Tropic
Yellow and Red Current
Mexico
Ponderosa Red
Mortgage Lifter
Black Cherry

I also got packs of Marianna's Peace and Bloody Butcher as freebies
with other seed orders, so I'm going to try a couple of them, too.

Penelope

- "pointed"