Old 14-11-2006, 04:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default Maxillaria picta

Someone here was saying that this is the only plant they've kept that s/he
didn't buy in flower. And it has never bloomed for him/her either. I had
to laugh becasue I did the same thing. Got the plant on the off chance that
I could get it to bloom (I'd seen one in a show and loved it) but the best
its done for me is one flower in (yikes) nearly a decade. I was about to
toss it, and then you've rewhetted my appetite with this picture.

Stay of execution: granted.

K Barrett

"P Max" wrote in message
Maxillaria picta
From Brazil / Argentina.
Plenty of this species in collections over here - a durable species.
Peter

--
)