Old 18-02-2003, 04:03 PM
Ben Griffin

Default [IBC] Greenhouse question

Mines not a greenhouse but a cold frame with a
greenhouse like top. Anyway what i ended up doing
was wrapping 2 turns of heating coil "pipe heating
coils" around some pots. Then mulching them in. Then
placing a sensor inside the soil of a few of the pots
hooked up to thermostats. The pipe heating coil's
come on around 28 degrees and go off around 35
degrees. I only have them wrapped around the trees
with more cold sensitive root systems. Such as a
kingsville boxwood, serissa, japanese maples, trident
maple, chinese elm, crape myrtle and a flowering
apricot. Any day above about 38 i open the cold frame
to let air flow in. I keep a oscilating fan in the
cold frame turned on at all times when the frame is
closed.

Ben

http://shopping.yahoo.com

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++