Old 08-12-2006, 11:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
V_coerulea V_coerulea is offline

Default Paphinia Majestic

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Again, nice! I've only seen them when they fade and fold up. Yours is
holding itself well. IMHO.

K Barrett

"V_coerulea" wrote in message
As you can see in the picture, this plant is just in a 3" pot. I got a 3"
pot this summer and it separated into 2 pieces. I planted in sphagnum.
The flowers aren't fragrant but they're huge for the plant and look
pretty neat too. Majestic is the primary hybrid Paphinia cristata x
herrarae.
Gary

Thanks again. This is the first time I've grown this. It's in with the catts
and probably is getting a little cooler than it would like. The buds took
forever to open. They grew into little balloons that probably took 3 weeks
to open. Maybe the cooler temps are what's making them hold. They've been
open about a week now. I've just gotten into the soft-leaved orchids like
Cycnoches and Catasetums this year and have been warned about the spider
mite problems. So far so good.
Gary