Old 09-12-2006, 12:45 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Diana Kulaga Diana Kulaga is offline

Default C-Barbara-Kirsch-comp

Gary, for cameras at good prices try JR Electronics on line. When we bought
our Panasonic we saved a couple of hundred bucks.

Diana

"V_coerulea" wrote in message

"wendy7" wrote in message
Well Gary, you can toss the center left one over to me. I have an
original of this cross.
By the way Gary, I took a second look, second....., & you have to be
commended on the pristine look of all your plants & good photos too.
What camera do you use? Forgive me if I have asked before.

Unfortunately your taste and mine are very close, so that one you're
looking
at is one of my keepers.
My camera is an old Epson 3000 3.2MP I got back in 1999. It was top of the
line at the time and had a mess of features, lenses, filters. It has
digital
zoom, digital light control and quite a varied menu. It also has its
glitches as do all cameras even now. But my eye has been straying towards
Nikon D80 10.2MP SLR as maybe a Christmas present to myself. I need to
shop
around a bit since the prices vary a good bit but are around $1000+. I
don't think
Epson is into cameras anymore but it was a great investment and certainly
taught
me how to do more than point-and-shoot. I'm no expert on cameras, but IMHO
I think it wise to stick to the high-end Nikon, Canon or Olympus. They're
continually
rated tops and give you everything you want.
Thanks a lot for your compliments and comments.
Gary