Old 25-03-2003, 06:32 PM

Default Will Escallonia and Pyracantha Survive?

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 13:46:53 -0000, "TheScullster"
wrote:

Hi All

In answer to a recent post on hedge alternatives, I was directed towards
Escallonia and Pyracantha (along with laurel).
The question is will these survive in the following location:

Swanland Village west of Hull.
At the top of a Hill but protected by one row of bungalows to the north.
Gets quite cold and snowy in winter due to exposure
Alongside a public path - so some pedestrian traffic alongside

TIA

Phil

Not sure about escalonia (seem to remember reading that this plant
likes being at the seaside) but I feel sure pyracantha and laurel are
both tough plants. Diana