Old 22-12-2006, 03:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
danny danny is offline

Default More "new" Aussie Orchids - Help please

It might be easier to look if the Kew database was up, it's been down for a
couple days now. With a book that new a lot of the info won't have made it
into the online databases yet. Have you asked Jones?
-danny

"Dave Gillingham" wrote in message
I'm adding to my previous pair of:
Cadetia clausa
Dockrillia sulphurea

Jones has three species for which I can find nothing in the Australian
Plant
Name Index, & nothing in a web search. They a

Tropilis crassa
Tropilis eburna
Tropilis radiata

I'm prety sure these are simply regional variants on Dendrobium aemulum
(Jonesified as Tropilis aemula). But nowhere else can I fine listed
taxonomic
varieties of D. aemulum. The texts just say it's a variable species.

If needs be, I'll just list all species against D. aemulum in the index
cross-reference I'm compiling. But, if there are published taxonomic
listings
that match the above species I'd like to use them.

If anyone is more competent at internet searching than I, & can turn up
something, I'd be extremely grateful.
Dave Gillingham