Old 30-12-2006, 01:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Ray B Ray B is offline

Default Thelmytria benthamiana 2

I agree. Excellent series, Peter.

It's also nice to put a face on a name, John.

A tip I learned a long time ago for "field shooting" (although it's a good
general practice) - keep a pen and small notebook handy. If your camera
numbers the shots, you can cross-reference that with the plant name and any
other notes (like where they were, for example). Even if it doesn't, you
have the sequence. Back in the days of film and the long processing time,
relatively speaking, it was far more important.

"John Varigos" wrote in message
m...
Nice series Peter.

Didn't notice you taking the photo of Varigosus johannus!

Did you notice the grasshopper in Thel. benthamiana 3? Never ceases to
amaze me what you find when the photos are seen on the "big screen". And
as for the fly laying an maggot on the flower - quite shot.

Your series reminds me that I will have to name my photos of this trip.
You have saved me a lot of work in getting the names right.

Cheers

John

"P Max" wrote in message
news
Thelmytria benthamiana 2
One of the late blooming species of sun orchids.
Peter

--
)