Old 02-01-2007, 05:38 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
John Varigos John Varigos is offline

Default Thelmytria benthamiana 2

Eric

This works well in principal, except when you visit somewhere like Hanging
Gardens or Atlanta Botanic Gardens and get so excited with the plethora of
different species in flower that you occasionally forget that all important
photograph of the label!

That's when I resort to my friends such as you, Danny, Ron Parsons etc, etc.
This resource is almost as good as a label.

Cheers

John

"Eric Hunt" wrote in message
Ray,

I go one step further - if there is a tag on the plant, I photograph the
tag immediately after the plant. If there's no tag, then I scribble
something in a notebook and photograph that after the plant. Then I have
the info with the photo and I have it in 'backup' on the notebook.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org
\
"Ray B" wrote in message
A tip I learned a long time ago for "field shooting" (although it's a
good general practice) - keep a pen and small notebook handy. If your
camera