Old 02-01-2007, 08:34 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
John Varigos John Varigos is offline

Default Oncidium forbesii 'Avalon' - kind of the Oncidiums

Great photo and a great word, Eric.

Had me running for my dictionaries. One said "A variety of the pink in
which the edges of the petals are often a darker colour than the flowers "
and the other said " A type of carnation of which the flowers have a light
ground and dark-edged petals." Maybe you can go into the Oxford Dictionary
as being the first to apply this term to orchids.

Cheers

John

"Eric Hunt" wrote in message
Tom,

Absolutely! The gold picotee really is the detail that just makes
everything else work.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

"tbell" wrote in message
.com...
I don't usually like the chocolate/brown blooms, but with that yellow
edging
this is wonderful.