Old 03-01-2007, 05:13 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Steve[_2_] Steve[_2_] is offline

Default Oncidium forbesii 'Avalon' - kind of the Oncidiums

John Varigos wrote:
Great photo and a great word, Eric.

Had me running for my dictionaries. One said "A variety of the pink in
which the edges of the petals are often a darker colour than the flowers "
and the other said " A type of carnation of which the flowers have a light
ground and dark-edged petals." Maybe you can go into the Oxford Dictionary
as being the first to apply this term to orchids.....................

Far too late for that:
(see description of the 2nd orchid)
http://www.wickfordorchids.com/phala...opogations.htm

Steve