Old 06-01-2007, 10:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
John Varigos John Varigos is offline

Default The Warm House

Yes, Diana. I certainly packed a lot into 2 days (plus 1 day travelling).
Helped a lot that people such as Eric and Danny were available (or at least
made themselves available) the days I was in town.

I believe the plant in the photo is a baby Bulbophyllum fletcherianum. (Eric
can confirm.)

Not one for the home hobbiest unless you have heaps of room. The leaves can
grow to around 2 meters (6 feet). See
http://www.orchidspecies.com/bulbfletcherianum.htm at Jay's web site and
http://aoki2.si.gunma-u.ac.jp/Botani...bophyllum.html for
other photos of this species.

Cheers

John

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
. ..
What a trip you had, John! What is the plant hanging near the top left of
the picture - the one with the huge leaves? It's just to the right of the
hose spool.

Diana