Old 07-01-2007, 07:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Mark_OK Mark_OK is offline

Default Help in Identification.

Thanks. I looked at the video I shot and saw the spike had to be 5 foot
long! I'll try and find a look alike that is a little smaller.

"danny" wrote in message news:b4Snh.20078$_X.739@bigfe9...
Grammatophyllum scriptum. I actually saw one in spike at a grocery store
a few months ago, sometimes weird stuff pops up among all the normal phal
hybrids. These aren't small plants, and I think they take a lot of light.
If you have the right conditions they can put on quite a show.
Unfortunately it's not something I could grow easily under lights, so I
just admire them at the garden.
-danny

"Mark_OK" wrote in message
. net...
My daughter lives in Atlanta and on our visit this summer we went to the
Atlanta Botanical Gardens. My wife doesn't share my enthusiasm for
orchids
but enjoys the flowers I bring into the house. Much to my delight she
asked
if I ever got one like she saw at ABG and was most impressed with. So I'm
on
the hunt for this one.

TIA

Mark Edson