Old 06-01-2007, 05:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Help in Identification.

My daughter lives in Atlanta and on our visit this summer we went to the
Atlanta Botanical Gardens. My wife doesn't share my enthusiasm for orchids
but enjoys the flowers I bring into the house. Much to my delight she asked
if I ever got one like she saw at ABG and was most impressed with. So I'm on
the hunt for this one.

TIA

Mark Edson
Waukomis Oklahoma, USA

Attached Thumbnails
Help in Identification.-dsc00255.jpg
Old 06-01-2007, 06:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Grammatophyllum scriptum. I actually saw one in spike at a grocery store a
few months ago, sometimes weird stuff pops up among all the normal phal
hybrids. These aren't small plants, and I think they take a lot of light.
If you have the right conditions they can put on quite a show.
Unfortunately it's not something I could grow easily under lights, so I just
admire them at the garden.
-danny

. net...

Old 07-01-2007, 07:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Thanks. I looked at the video I shot and saw the spike had to be 5 foot
long! I'll try and find a look alike that is a little smaller.

"danny" wrote in message news:b4Snh.20078$_X.739@bigfe9...
Grammatophyllum scriptum. I actually saw one in spike at a grocery store
a few months ago, sometimes weird stuff pops up among all the normal phal
hybrids. These aren't small plants, and I think they take a lot of light.
If you have the right conditions they can put on quite a show.
Unfortunately it's not something I could grow easily under lights, so I
just admire them at the garden.
-danny

"Mark_OK" wrote in message
. net...
My daughter lives in Atlanta and on our visit this summer we went to the
Atlanta Botanical Gardens. My wife doesn't share my enthusiasm for
orchids
but enjoys the flowers I bring into the house. Much to my delight she
asked
if I ever got one like she saw at ABG and was most impressed with. So I'm
on
the hunt for this one.

TIA

Mark Edson