Old 25-03-2003, 08:08 PM

Default Leaves...

Jan uses some carbon filter material to keep her pond water clear. She got it from
aquatic ecosystems I think. other than that try smaller 100 gallon water changes and
over time it will dilute the color. the Little Sisters are considered first rate and
easy to clean. Ingrid

"Thunderbird84" wrote:

Today it was finally warm enough for me to start getting my pond up and
running. I drained around 200 (of around 600) gallons from it and cleaned
out the leaves. I the water hoping that when I replaced the water, it would
dilute the tannins in my water.
It changed the color of my water from a dark, dark, dark tea color to a
not so dark, dark, dark tea color. My question is, would I be better off
draining the whole pond and putting new water in, or is there a way to use
carbon to do it; and how much would I need?
Also, I'm looking for a new out of pond filter. I've made my own, but
this season I don't want to deal with it anymore. I'm looking for one rated
for 1000 gallons. Can anyone give me some websites or brandnames to look
at?
Thanks,
Bob