Old 26-01-2007, 12:08 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Paul Simon Paul Simon is offline

Default How do I fix this 4

Hi Kathy,

I think I have the same swamp coooler. The deposit is calium carbonate and
most of it can be brushed off . Yes, vinegar will do the finish up job. As
far as the inside is concerned, The metal wire brackets just slip in and
out. The side ones have to pushed down, maybe even if you have to bend the
wires a bit. Mine have completely rusted out and I bought some heavy gauge
wire at Orchard Supply and just bent some zig-zag and bent the ends up to go
into the holes. You can get fancy and make cross pieces and wire them
together (not with copper wire) or braze them as I tried once, but it's not
worth the effort.

Where can you get another one cheap? Mine is about 40 years old.

Paul
"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Here's a view of the metal holdin the batting in place. Sturdy (even

before
it was rusted) and not reaaly compliant to bending with pliars etc for
removal..

So what do I do now?

K Barrett