Old 25-01-2007, 09:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default How do I fix this 4

Here's a view of the metal holdin the batting in place. Sturdy (even before
it was rusted) and not reaaly compliant to bending with pliars etc for
removal..

So what do I do now?

K Barrett

Attached Thumbnails
How do I fix this 4-dsc00072.jpg
Old 26-01-2007, 12:08 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Hi Kathy,

I think I have the same swamp coooler. The deposit is calium carbonate and
most of it can be brushed off . Yes, vinegar will do the finish up job. As
far as the inside is concerned, The metal wire brackets just slip in and
out. The side ones have to pushed down, maybe even if you have to bend the
wires a bit. Mine have completely rusted out and I bought some heavy gauge
wire at Orchard Supply and just bent some zig-zag and bent the ends up to go
into the holes. You can get fancy and make cross pieces and wire them
together (not with copper wire) or braze them as I tried once, but it's not
worth the effort.

Where can you get another one cheap? Mine is about 40 years old.

Paul
. ..

Old 26-01-2007, 02:14 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Kathy, what you need to do is buy a cooler that is made of Polyurethane. I went
this route, spent a week sanding, paited with a special primer, the bottom was coated
with a thick black water rubber tarlike stuff & . .. ...
still it was eaten through, they don't galvanize like they used to in the old days.

If you want the info on the coolers I can locate for you. They cost about $900 &
made in Australia, (leave it to those blokes). The only metal is the motor, shaft of
the
fan & pump. But mind, the minerals in our water still build up.

--
Cheers Wendy

No Spam Email Address Invalid

Old 26-01-2007, 04:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Really? The metal brackets just slip out? Well, now I really feel like an
idiot.

Don't I have to paint the metal with something (like a rustoleum type paint)
so it doesn't happen again?

And I don't thihk there are any cheap swamp coolers anymore. I got this 9
yrs ago from Charleys because I could find one there. I've googled and found
some window evaporative coolers, but they are in the $500 range, too. Ticks
me off.

"Paul Simon" wrote in message
[...]

. ..

Old 26-01-2007, 04:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

$900! Ack!

The thud you heard was me picking myself up off the floor.

I'm going to try to repair this thing.

The noise you hear from the northern horizon is me cursing a blue streak.

You'll hear how it goes.....

Old 26-01-2007, 09:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

I hear you, I hear you! *G* I normally would never spend that much but
I had gone through three of those little then $100 water coolers, in a short period
of time. Did not pay that much at the time, got a deal as I needed two.
I think it is called BreezeAir & is a swamp cooler but they are fantastic
& worth every penny. I notice there is now a Chinese version out but could not
find any price.
--

K Barrett wrote:
Here's a view of the metal holdin the batting in place. Sturdy
(even before it was rusted) and not reaaly compliant to bending
with pliars etc for removal..

So what do I do now?

K Barrett

Rate This Thread: