Old 26-01-2007, 04:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default How do I fix this? Explaination

Kirk, don't I have to repaint it to protect the metal?

"W. Kirk Crawford" wrote in message
Barrett,

Use vinegar should do it cheaply.

W. Kirk Crawford
Tularosa, New Mexico

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Avert your eyes. *G* It ain't pretty.

I let the swamp cooler go to pot. I thought I'd cleaned it up, but
instead I made it worse.

In summer I pulled the removeable panels off the swamp cooler, removed
the flaked paint with a brillo pad (or somesuch device) intending to
remove the batting and repaint. But when looking at the batting there
didn't seem to be any way to remove it. So I put the project on hold
until I could get to it, and this is what's the swamp cooler is like 5-6
months later.

Over the next few inages I'll show you what I mean. There is corrosion
and some sort of white buildup, which I think is what happens when the
zinc metal is exposed to the air/water/weather.

K Barrett