Old 25-01-2007, 09:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default How do I fix this? Explaination

Avert your eyes. *G* It ain't pretty.

I let the swamp cooler go to pot. I thought I'd cleaned it up, but instead
I made it worse.

In summer I pulled the removeable panels off the swamp cooler, removed the
flaked paint with a brillo pad (or somesuch device) intending to remove the
batting and repaint. But when looking at the batting there didn't seem to
be any way to remove it. So I put the project on hold until I could get to
it, and this is what's the swamp cooler is like 5-6 months later.

Over the next few inages I'll show you what I mean. There is corrosion and
some sort of white buildup, which I think is what happens when the zinc
metal is exposed to the air/water/weather.

K Barrett

Old 25-01-2007, 11:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Barrett,

Use vinegar should do it cheaply.

W. Kirk Crawford
Tularosa, New Mexico

Old 26-01-2007, 12:08 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

W. Kirk Crawford wrote:

"K Barrett" wrote in message . ..

Avert your eyes. *G* It ain't pretty.

I let the swamp cooler go to pot. I thought I'd cleaned it up, but instead I made it worse.

In summer I pulled the removeable panels off the swamp cooler, removed the flaked paint with a brillo pad (or somesuch device)
intending to remove the batting and repaint. But when looking at the batting there didn't seem to be any way to remove it. So I
put the project on hold until I could get to it, and this is what's the swamp cooler is like 5-6 months later.

Over the next few inages I'll show you what I mean. There is corrosion and some sort of white buildup, which I think is what
happens when the zinc metal is exposed to the air/water/weather.

K Barrett

If not, try naval jelly and a wire brush. As for the rusting of the wire
retention grates, same thing will work - but if rusted through may need
to be replaced with heavy wire.

Old 26-01-2007, 04:40 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Thanks, Paul says these just slip out. I can't believe its that simple.
*G* Swear to God I've looked at this a million timers and couldn't figure
out the way it works. Just stood there like a dolt staring at it. Letting
it rust.

"tennis maynard" wrote in message

If not, try naval jelly and a wire brush. As for the rusting of the wire
retention grates, same thing will work - but if rusted through may need to
be replaced with heavy wire.

Rate This Thread: