Old 04-02-2007, 06:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
SuE SuE is offline

Default Cymbidium Persuasive Miss Black Eyes 1

On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 04:52:33 GMT, "P Max"
wrote:

Where is it cold / which region in the US are you from Sue? (Not asking for
your address). I can well imagine that the northern and central US States
are cold at present. Is Florida spared of the cold? How about Texas and
Southern California?
Peter

Peter -
We are just north of Denver. Our area is high desert, normal snow to
this point is just over 4 inches. So far we are getting close to
normal for the season which is about 50 inches. So we are part of the
great frozen north this winter. Normal snow here falls on Monday and
by Wednesday is only visible in the north side of the buildings where
the shadows are deep. Generally you can watch the snow shrink when it
gets above 30 degrees. This winter it just seems to turn to solid
ice. Our street looks something like ^^---__^^ With both lines solid
ice 3/4 of a car wide. I saw the January stats.. about temp, but I
don't remember much except we are 10 degrees colder than the normal
low and I have no idea how much cooler than the normal high.

I am from Chicago and Wisconsin -- the true frozen territory. I grew
up with snow falling in October and melting in April. Which is part
of why I so enjoyed the Colorado winter -- Snow, but only about every
ten years did it really disrupt anything. But this is just so
tiresome... It has snowed every Weekend until this last when it snowed
on Thursday and Friday instead. G

All of which is a lot easier to live with than either the ice storm of
Missouri or the Tornadoes they had in Florida.

SuE