Old 04-02-2007, 06:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Diana Kulaga Diana Kulaga is offline

Default Cymbidium Persuasive Miss Black Eyes 1

Peter,

Parts of Florida (the northern end especially) get very cold in winter. We
live on the east coast of FL about 100 miles north of Miami, so our weather
is usually great. If one lives even another 20 or 30 miles north of us it
starts to get colder. Here, we get our cool days and nights, but extreme
cold is rare. For two days last week they predicted nights in the low 30's -
very unusual. We hauled in the Vandas and Phals and covered everything else
with sheets, but in the end it didn't go much under 50. That's what
generally happens. Also, we live on a canal, and the water keeps things a
bit warmer than in some other neighborhoods. Florida is the ultimate example
of micro climates.

Today is rather raw. The temps are in the low to mid 60's and the day is
gray. I wish it would just rain and get it over with! The humidity is high,
but that doesn't help the trees, etc.

Diana

"P Max" wrote in message
Where is it cold / which region in the US are you from Sue? (Not asking
for your address). I can well imagine that the northern and central US
States are cold at present. Is Florida spared of the cold? How about Texas
and Southern California?
Peter

--
)
"SuE" wrote in message
On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 20:36:24 GMT, "P Max"
wrote:

Your welcome Sue, Diana, Gary and Co.
Sue, you should slip over here for a while. Is set to reach 38C (approx
100F) here today. Heat waves to follow for 6 more weeks. Should thaw out
your toes.
Peter

I would love to slip over there. Wearing 5 layers is getting
tiresome. G But Actually Oz is on my list of * wouldn't it be
loverly*.... and *IF ONLY*.

Maybe someday my ship will come in and I can sail away.