Old 04-02-2007, 07:50 PM posted to austin.gardening
Bob Bob is offline

Default Looking for deer proof ground cover

We want to put a ground cover around a couple large Live Oaks in
our front lawn. Our nursery suggested Vinca-Major and said it was
deer proof. We bought a couple hundred dollars worth and set them
out last October.

As you can guess, the deer have eaten them to the ground. Don't know if
they will come back or not, I rather doubt it.

Anyway, I'm looking for suggestions for a good ground cover under Oak
trees, one that the deer won't eat.

I was wondering about Wandering Jew. Anyone have any experience?

Thanks, Bob