Old 05-02-2007, 01:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default greenhouses some thoughts

Didn't get a greenhouse last year when I thought I might, though I did a
lot of homework and decided on a 8x12 royale from Robinson.
However I've been looking at the RHINO ones which seem quite good value
for the money and very strong. They also have the ability to section of
a part fro heating intensively which is better than trying to do a DIY
job if. Like me, you're no good at that sort of thing.
No, I can't build my own from scarp as it would taken an age and look
like something out of a condemned portfolio of architecture!

The roof of mine is getting a bit more saggy and you can see daylight at
the bottom of the wooden frames, also the top glass battens are getting
rotten. (It's a 29 year old Alton cedar 8 x 100)

Want to grow seedlings, propagate cuttings and overwinter, but don't
plan to do much growing in side apart from perhaps a tomato or two.
Trouble is Rhino don't look like they erect the thing and I had a lot of
hassle when I put this one up with a friend, so the option to get a
skilled greenhouse erector would be nice.
Any thoughts anyone? Any experience of the rhino ones versus the
robinson one?
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph