Old 05-02-2007, 01:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default greenhouses some thoughts

Didn't get a greenhouse last year when I thought I might, though I did a
lot of homework and decided on a 8x12 royale from Robinson.
However I've been looking at the RHINO ones which seem quite good value
for the money and very strong. They also have the ability to section of
a part fro heating intensively which is better than trying to do a DIY
job if. Like me, you're no good at that sort of thing.
No, I can't build my own from scarp as it would taken an age and look
like something out of a condemned portfolio of architecture!

The roof of mine is getting a bit more saggy and you can see daylight at
the bottom of the wooden frames, also the top glass battens are getting
rotten. (It's a 29 year old Alton cedar 8 x 100)

Want to grow seedlings, propagate cuttings and overwinter, but don't
plan to do much growing in side apart from perhaps a tomato or two.
Trouble is Rhino don't look like they erect the thing and I had a lot of
hassle when I put this one up with a friend, so the option to get a
skilled greenhouse erector would be nice.
Any thoughts anyone? Any experience of the rhino ones versus the
robinson one?
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 05-02-2007, 01:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Janet Tweedy writes
[...]

Our Robinson (aluminium) one has an internal partition. Robinson are
alarmingly expensive, but we've had no problems with ours in the 16
years we've had it.
--
Kay
Old 06-02-2007, 03:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , K
writes

Our Robinson (aluminium) one has an internal partition. Robinson are
alarmingly expensive, but we've had no problems with ours in the 16
years we've had it.

Well the 8 x 12 isn't TOO expensive if it's going to last. Mine's only 8
x 10 and I have always wished for more room
Old 12-02-2007, 04:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Janet Tweedy wrote:

In article , K
writes

Our Robinson (aluminium) one has an internal partition. Robinson are
alarmingly expensive, but we've had no problems with ours in the 16
years we've had it.

Well the 8 x 12 isn't TOO expensive if it's going to last. Mine's only 8
x 10 and I have always wished for more room

He he I think that's the only sure fire guarantee with everyone who owns a
greenhouse.
Duncan
Old 13-02-2007, 12:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , D Russell
writes
Janet Tweedy wrote:

In article , K
writes

Our Robinson (aluminium) one has an internal partition. Robinson are
alarmingly expensive, but we've had no problems with ours in the 16
years we've had it.

Well the 8 x 12 isn't TOO expensive if it's going to last. Mine's only 8
x 10 and I have always wished for more room

He he I think that's the only sure fire guarantee with everyone who owns a
greenhouse.
Duncan

Priced up the partition (extra £400) and the extra door (200) scribbled
them out of the order and put in update to automatic side vent(15)
instead