Old 05-02-2007, 04:38 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Stubby Stubby is offline

Default DD Maple Syrup commercial question

Tomes wrote:
Folks,
Duncan Donuts is running a commercial where an office worker is tapping a
tree in his office for maple syrup and another guy comes by flaunting his
maple flavored breakfast thingy. The thing is, that tree does not look
like a maple tree to us here and we are trying to figure out what kind of
a tree it is. One would think that they might have used a sugar maple
tree.... We are thinking oak, but do not really know.

Any one see this and what kind of tree is it?

I tried that about 30 years ago. We had a big sugar maple in the
front yard that I tapped and collected about 10 gal of sap. I set up a
shack with a Coleman stove to boil it down.

The bottom line is that I spent $20 of gas to get maple sugar that I
could buy from local shops for $2.