Old 05-02-2007, 02:22 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default DD Maple Syrup commercial question

Folks,
Duncan Donuts is running a commercial where an office worker is tapping a
tree in his office for maple syrup and another guy comes by flaunting his
maple flavored breakfast thingy. The thing is, that tree does not look
like a maple tree to us here and we are trying to figure out what kind of
a tree it is. One would think that they might have used a sugar maple
tree.... We are thinking oak, but do not really know.

Any one see this and what kind of tree is it?
Tomes

Old 05-02-2007, 04:38 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Tomes wrote:
Folks,
Duncan Donuts is running a commercial where an office worker is tapping a
tree in his office for maple syrup and another guy comes by flaunting his
maple flavored breakfast thingy. The thing is, that tree does not look
like a maple tree to us here and we are trying to figure out what kind of
a tree it is. One would think that they might have used a sugar maple
tree.... We are thinking oak, but do not really know.

Any one see this and what kind of tree is it?

I tried that about 30 years ago. We had a big sugar maple in the
front yard that I tapped and collected about 10 gal of sap. I set up a
shack with a Coleman stove to boil it down.

The bottom line is that I spent $20 of gas to get maple sugar that I
could buy from local shops for $2.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:28 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Stubby" wrote in message
. ..

Tomes wrote:
Folks,
Duncan Donuts is running a commercial where an office worker is tapping a
tree in his office for maple syrup and another guy comes by flaunting his
maple flavored breakfast thingy. The thing is, that tree does not look
like a maple tree to us here and we are trying to figure out what kind of
a tree it is. One would think that they might have used a sugar maple
tree.... We are thinking oak, but do not really know.

Any one see this and what kind of tree is it?

I tried that about 30 years ago. We had a big sugar maple in the front
yard that I tapped and collected about 10 gal of sap. I set up a shack
with a Coleman stove to boil it down.

The bottom line is that I spent $20 of gas to get maple sugar that I could
buy from local shops for $2.

Sounds like you wasted time tapping that oak tree, huh ?

Old 06-02-2007, 01:03 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Srgnt Billko" wrote in message
"Stubby" wrote in message
. ..
Tomes wrote:
Folks,
Duncan Donuts is running a commercial where an office worker is
tapping a tree in his office for maple syrup and another guy comes by
flaunting his maple flavored breakfast thingy. The thing is, that
tree does not look like a maple tree to us here and we are trying to
figure out what kind of a tree it is. One would think that they might
have used a sugar maple tree.... We are thinking oak, but do not
really know.

Any one see this and what kind of tree is it?

I tried that about 30 years ago. We had a big sugar maple in the
front yard that I tapped and collected about 10 gal of sap. I set up
a shack with a Coleman stove to boil it down.

The bottom line is that I spent $20 of gas to get maple sugar that I
could buy from local shops for $2.

Sounds like you wasted time tapping that oak tree, huh ?

Yeah, I was wondering that too. They seemed to be able to do it on TV....

Old 06-02-2007, 02:18 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Stubby wrote:

Tomes wrote:
Folks,
Duncan Donuts is running a commercial where an office worker is
tapping a tree in his office for maple syrup and another guy comes by
flaunting his maple flavored breakfast thingy. The thing is, that
tree does not look like a maple tree to us here and we are trying to
figure out what kind of a tree it is. One would think that they might
have used a sugar maple tree.... We are thinking oak, but do not
really know.

Any one see this and what kind of tree is it?

I tried that about 30 years ago. We had a big sugar maple in the
front yard that I tapped and collected about 10 gal of sap. I set up a
shack with a Coleman stove to boil it down.

The bottom line is that I spent $20 of gas to get maple sugar that I
could buy from local shops for $2.

Hi...

But hopefully you had a good learning experience, and lots of fun;
particularly if you shared the time with your kids or grandkids,
and all had a good helping of real home made maple syrup on a stack
of Mom's or Grandma's pancakes

Kinda like spending a couple of hundred bucks on a fishing trip to catch
one or two small fish that you coulda bought for a couple of dollars.
I do swear they taste better, though

Take care.

Ken

Vermont Maple Syrup Potpourri - 25 % Off! [email protected] Gardening 8 02-04-2008 05:06 PM
PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Maple Syrup II Jack Schmidling[_1_] Gardening 10 31-03-2007 01:12 AM
PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Maple Syrup Jack Schmidling[_1_] Gardening 5 21-03-2007 12:08 PM
Maple syrup Srgnt Billko Lawns 9 05-02-2007 10:11 PM
Sugar Maple And Syrup Questions Bro Jack Gardening 4 29-05-2005 01:06 PM