Old 05-02-2007, 08:35 PM posted to rec.gardens
Alfred Falk Alfred Falk is offline

Default Is a "full spectrum" bulb the same as a "grow light"

wrote in news:1170481169.247011.274390
@m58g2000cwm.googlegroups.com:

What's the diff between a "full spectrum" bulb and a "grow light" aka
horticulture light? UV rays?

I want to buy a 9 watt compact flourescent grow light for my pothos
plant. That fits into a regular light socket. where could I get
that? 9 watts, small I know, it'll be right under the plant tho...

Grow lights have their colours adjusted to make plants grow and bloom
better than the same total energy in "white" light.

Full spectrum lights are intended to simulate sunlight with respect to
proportion of different colours (wavelenghts).