Old 06-02-2007, 06:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Nancy G. Nancy G. is offline

Default Oh Happy day

T. lived in Southern California from the age of 11 to about 18 when he
joined the USMC (some people would do anything to avoid being drafted
into the Army 1968). During the winter I hear daily how hot it was in
Redlands and how nice it was in Monrovia and other parts of
California.

It is definitely time to move farther south. Don't know where, not
many places that haven't frozen at least once this winter. It has
been unusual this year, or so it seems. Maybe I've been spoiled by
the last 4 mild winters. Cold but not without a moderate break to
raise the temps.

No url on the singing groundhog, will talk to T, and see if he would
put it someplace for a couple of days anyway. I won't give away the
secret, but suspect a lot of people will be amazed by it.

Nancy

On Feb 6, 10:47 am, "wendy7" wrote:
Hey Nance, It was 70dgs in the coolest corner of my patio yesterday in S.Calif.
Out in the full sun my cheapie thermometer showed 100! Love it!
The previous days were 40 to 50's in the shade & 70+ in the sun at around noon.
Would love to see the groundhog video, do you have a url?
Hope you thaw out soon.
--
Cheers Wendy

No Spam Email Address Invalid

Nancy G. wrote:
Today is the first day in more than a month daytime temps are
significantly above freezing. It's clear outside also. I'm tired of
watching the snow ad ice on the north side of the house. Hope some of
it melts. I ought to have T. post our singing groundhog video.

Nancy- Hide quoted text -