Old 10-02-2007, 02:57 PM posted to austin.gardening
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Squirrels driving me crazy

In article ,
(Linda) wrote:

Any suggestions on how to keep the critters out of my potted plants on
the patio? They destroy the plants while hiding and/or digging up their
treasures and make a huge mess. They can even get into hanging pots.

Did I hear something about using Tabasco Sauce? Sprinkling it around on
the dirt??
All suggestions gratefully considered ;¬)

Cayenne is commonly used but I've personally never tried it.

I use 2" mesh chicken wire to keep them from digging,
and rat poison in suet cages to keep them from chewing up my greenhouses
and my siding.

They are horribly destructive.

I used to think they were cute........
--