Old 25-03-2003, 11:44 PM
Matt Leber

Default Pole beans as a screen?

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 22:19:30 -0000, david wrote:
Sounds a bit small to me, but think of adding water retention polymers to
the compost will help them a bit.

That was my suspicion as well but I figured I'd ask for other people's
experience. I suppose I don't have much to lose either way... I'll see if
I can't find a bigger container as well as checking out the polymers.

Also why not mix Sweet peas with the beans, good scent and look good as well

Sounds like a good idea although I didn't think that sweet peas did well
when it is hot. If I thoroughly mulch the roots do you think that they may
have a chance in such a hot area?

--

Matt...