Old 11-02-2007, 02:43 AM posted to austin.gardening
Linda[_2_] Linda[_2_] is offline

Default Squirrels driving me crazy

Well, I don't have any bird feeders out. I did that up in eastern
Oregon; enjoyed it for a while but then I had so many eating (quail &
doves besides sparrows, finches, etc) that feed got expensive. Plus you
need to clean and disinfect feeders and keep a source of clean water
handy for the birds. Had different feeders up with the small black seed
for the goldfinches when they came through.

Here in San Antonio I live in a mobile home park. I've never seen a
mouse but they are probably around as my neighbor sees snakes in her
yard and they've got to be eating something! There are also feral cats,
but they must not chase these squirrels...??

I think trying the chicken wire will be worth a shot. Won't look so
great, but if it works, okay.

Thanks for your replies.