Old 26-03-2003, 12:32 AM
Shiva

Default Hansa Gets to Stay for Now!

Jane wrote:

I love your colours in your bed of lavendery,magentaish ones! If I'm not
too late to make suggestions, about placement. I'm so not computer
saavy i'm going to attempt to reply between the lines as you do so
eloquently, so read on downward please.

Okay!

I have Melody Parfumee at least I DID last year and I loved it! I hope it
doesn't die.

I hope not too. Our climates are similar enough that I have some questions
for you about this rose. I realize yours is young, but can you tell about
how tall it got by the end of the summer? Also, how long are the stems--
does it make a nicer cut flower than garden flower, do you think?

Woowoo you have some really nice ones.

G At the time, the color combo seemed wild, but now it seems pretty
delicious! Best thing is, all except Joseph's Coat are fragrant. I know
you're another fragrance fan, just like me.

Here is the present side bed, X = space for a rose, *** = walkway

X *Paul Neyron Abe Darby-(2) Granada Pat Austin Golden Celeb.

Penelope X
(maybe another climbing JC here?)

Actually, you are right on track with what i want to put nearby--several
Climbing Rainbow's End, the mini equivalent of Joseph's Coat. It is a
really neat rose--multicolored like JC, but tiny. I have a few on order,
forget when they are going to come.

( *I couldn't find this one)
(Outta the Blue)

This rose has really strange and beautiful colors, from what I understand.
Hard to describe. That was enough for me to want it. In photos it looks
deep purple. I put it on one side of Crystalline, and Melody Parfumee on
the other side.

New Dawn ************************************************** **

X X X
(Blue Nile) (Crystalline) (Barb S)
That should pop those joseph's coat colours out and
Little Slope w/ Climbing Joseph's coat to
climb up a brick red wooden thing

I like this idea! I should have waited to plant them! What I did was put
Barbra Streisand where you said to put Blue Nile, and Blue Nile where you
said to put Barbra! Then at the far left I put Melody Parfumee,
Crystalline, then Outta the Blue. Not far off your plan at all, color
wise.

I think the light colours come forward and the
deeper ones receed so when i decide where to plant things I generally

space my lightest ones in the foreground and then lighter ones
throughout to make a visual trail and lead the eye to the end point of the
garden.

You really do have the eye of a designer. I am spacially challenged. G
And too often once something is out of sight I cannot conjure it into
my "mind's eye." Asit turns out, with the exception of New Dawn, most of
the lighter colored roses are at the front of the bed. I love your idea
for a bench by New Dawn. It is the perfect place. Thank you for the
feedback, Jane. Any new photos yet this year, or is it too early?