Old 12-02-2007, 04:44 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Boron Elgar Boron Elgar is offline

Default Phals at CostCo

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 11:20:03 -0500, Rob
wrote:

Peter A wrote:
This may not interest the true orchid afficionado, but for the more
casual grower it may be of interest. With Valentine's day coming up,
CostCo has stocked up on orchids (other similar stores have probably
done the same). All are phals, at least in my local store, but there's a
great selection of large, healthy, flowering plants. If you look
carefully you may find some pots with 2 plants. $22, pretty good price.

No problem with that, but just remember you need to get them before they
sit in the store too long. A good price.

Costco has some nice orchids once in awhile and, as you say, if you
tome it right, they are in decent shape.

They were selling single stalk cymbidiums in bud, or partial bloom for
about $25 a few weeks ago. Pretty, but that is about the only orchid I
have ever had that I cannot get to re-bloom.

The best random deals on orchids around northern NJ are those at
Trader Joe's . You never know what they'll have, if anything, but they
can have some real beauties and unusual orchids under $20.

Boron