Old 26-03-2003, 03:56 AM
Iris Cohen

Default [IBC] actinomyceter

There is a discussion on a Swedish bonsai forum on a Myrtle where the
bark has started to rot at the base. Someone gave a very short answer
just saying use gloves when handling the tree and when asked why, he
said you might spread "actinomyceter" (hope it is the same term in
english or you can figure out what it means) that damages the bark.
Actinomycetes is a common fungus. My question is why the print on my newsgroup
reply field is outline shadow pink on black. I suspect my granddaughter has
been here.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."