Old 13-02-2007, 04:45 PM
Stokie Stokie is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterrose View Post
Hello:

I live in CA, Zone 9. I will be helping a friend this spring plant in
her backyard and I will need to include some shade loving plants as
well as we want to attract butterflys.

She has a large redwood and a large palm tree in the area we want to
work in. The area does get a lot of sahde but some sun.

Suggestions, ideas?

Thanks!
Hi,
I can recommend Echinacea Purperea,or maybe some sort of Hosta,although I dont know if butterflys would go for that,but the Echinacea seems to attract them into my garden in central England.
Stokie.
BE LOYAL,BE PROUD,BE STOKE.