Old 26-03-2003, 04:08 AM
jammer

Default OT - how do you catch geckos?

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 22:14:40 +1200, Tony Sanders
wrote:

The cats are really good at catching geckos, but they don't tend to
survive the experience :-)

Anyway, I would like to catch a few myself, and see if I can keep them
thriving in a vivarium which I have setup for them - any clues how to
go about this 'expedition'.

I am pretending that this is a 'conservation' exercise.
---------------------------------
Tony Sanders
New Zealand/Aotearoa

Why do you need to catch them? Turn the light on in the kitchen at
night and watch them eat bugs off of the window screen. Or install a
yard light and watch them that way. I love those little things around
here. I am a lizard fan. I wouldn't dream of catching them. You can't
possibly catch all their native food and make them happy and healthy
in a cage, i don't care how cool it is. I caught a baby in the sink
one winter. I kept itin a terrarium until spring.

jammer