Old 15-02-2007, 02:58 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ jan ~ jan is offline

Default Sick koi and need advice (with pics)

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 19:36:41 -0600, Zëbulon wrote:

That was one fish. You still haven't
replied why it's so dangerous for a koi with pox to be in a man made stock
pond but it's not dangerous for it to be a man made ornamental pond.

I raise my hand, even though you won't answer my questions straight up.

You keep your ponds netted so herons can't fly off with your fish, and than
accidentally drop them in a natural waterway. I assume the stock pond is
not netted, this is usually the case since it would be detrimental to the
stock to drink from it, and get caught in netting? Thus a heron could catch
and release right into a natural waterway. Not only has this happened,
we've had ponders locally come home to a strange, but dead fish in their
pond. Now if that isn't scary, I don't know what is.

Even if your koi, for a fact, proven with a culture only had carp pox, that
in and of itself IS contagious, low contagion, but still contagious.

You just jumped right on the bandwagon. ;-)

Guess I'm guilty of that also, check please, I ready to disembark. ~ jan