Old 13-02-2007, 10:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
George.com George.com is offline

Default Storing horse manure ?

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 14/2/07 18:57, in article
,
" wrote:

On 14 Feb, 17:56, Sacha wrote:

snip

If you want to store it, you could put it in a corner and then use it

when
you need to next winter.

Hi Sacha.
You mean in the bag, or just piled up out of the bag ?

Piled up out of the bag is fine. A lot of people do this anyway because

the
rain washes out impurities and/or weed seeds (if you're lucky!) You could
always collect the watery run off in a bucket and add it to your watering
regime. ;-)

could bung it in a old bath raised up off the ground with some worms added
to chew through it. Bung a container under the plughole and collect up any
water seepage and use as a liquid fertiliser. I store my horse poop in
plastic compost bins, takes months for the worms to chew through therefore
lasts a long time in poop form.

rob