Old 15-02-2007, 11:28 PM posted to rec.ponds
Tristan[_2_] Tristan[_2_] is offline

Default Under certain circumstances it is OK to release sick fish into stock ponds

"Tristan" wrote in message
news

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 20:25:46 +0000, Gill Passman
wrote:

Please discuss.....
Depends.If its the persons pond thats there problem, if they have no
respect for their well fish, thats their problem. HOwever its not even
close to being correct or acceptable to dump a fish in any ones pond
if its not your pond, and no fish should be dumped arbitrarily into
any pond if it has a disease that may be susceptible to
spreading....no matter who owns the fish or ponds, the fish needs to
be QT away form all other water sources and fish and predators, or
euthanizeds......I am sure no one is going to let any one dump a fish
with a disease in to their pond if they know upfront that fish is
sick......normal folks do not do that. However if a person was to lie
to a rancher or farmer and say , I have a fish I need to find a
house for and it will do fine in that water hole yu got there.....can
I put it inthe water hole or stock pond......I can see that happen,
but if that fish is sick even if its not a contageous type, it should
not be done, as everyone doe snot know what is what with fish, and if
fish are caught out of that pond and you see a sick looking fish as
such, would you eat those bream or bass or any other fish out of that
water....don;t think so......! I can just about bet a person caught
dumping anyitng in my ponds would have a lot more to worry about than
merely looking for a place to dump a fish, and if they tired to slide
the wool over my eyes and not inform me it was sick there would
certianly be hell to pay. Why is it folks can say to QT QT QT, before
they put a fish into their own pond, yet pay no attention to QT when
it means dumping a fish and getting it out of their hands....QT means
little to nothing at that point and thats is irresponsible and
ignorant........

Out of sight out of mind does not cut it.

-------