Old 26-03-2003, 08:44 AM
Mike

Default For Mike, red roses

SNIP

Hi Allegra,

I hope you don't mind that I snipped. I thought you might do without the
scrolling.

I love the information regarding pimpinellifolias! That's exactly why I'm
here. To learn what I don't (think I) know. I was quite pleased to read
about your personal experiences with these roses. I hope you'll continue to
allow me to pick your brain in the future. I'm sure you can save me a lot
of headaches and heartaches.

Of course, I did completely ignore you regarding Mermaid! I just love that
rose for some reason and I had to have it. At least it won't be your fault
if she strangles my oak trees. I guarantee you that I won't let that
happen, though. Those trees are hundreds of years old. I'll whack her to
the ground if I suspect she has arbicidal intent. I think they're too huge
for that to happen, even for Mermaid. I can see the mature picture in my
mind's eye and I'm confident it will be quite dramatic and beautiful.

I have a tendency to be a night owl. I don't think you can call it insomnia
if you easily fall asleep when you do crawl into bed. As long as the sun's
not coming up, you're just being all chic and european and stuff. That's
what it is. Worldy sophistication, not insomnia. Actually, I'm pretty tired
right now. I finished planting the rest of my wildflower seeds today. Of
course, it stormed late in the afternoon. I'll just have to be surprised
when they pop up all over the lawn. My Dad called and asked me to come over
and clean out his gutters. I was on his roof when the deluge began. I
slipped coming off the ladder and gave my spine a good jolt trying to grab
onto the ladder as I fell. I'm so sore right now. I know I'm going to be a
shambling mess tomorrow morning.

Oh jeez, that reminds me that it's trash night. I better shut up now and
get it together so I can go to bed. So I shall take your advice and say
Good night, Mike.

Good night!

Mike
z8TX