Old 26-03-2003, 09:56 AM
Victoria Clare

Default Bosch shredder, poot.

wrote in :

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 09:43:34 +0000, Victoria Clare
wrote:

No, this was not a jam: nothing was stuck at any point, and I tried it
again several hours later - still no joy, so it's not the thermal
cutout either. The engine failed. I rang the helpline in the end, and
that's what they said.

There are only a few things you can do to a shredder if it's not
working, and believe me, I did them!

Is it electric? Did you check the fuse in the plug? Did you try the
socket/RCD and as much of the connecting cable as possible with a
different appliance to eliminate non-shredder faults?

(Apologies if all this is obvious, but *I've* been caught out by
assuming that I know where a fault is on more than one occasion!)

Yes, and yes, but no because the cable isn't removeable, being molded onto
the machine at one end, and onto the plug at the other. Don't really care
if it *is* the cable, as it's still failure of a critical part on a brand
new machine

However, well done to tesco.com - a new one has just arrived, and they are
sending someone later to pick up the broken one. I'm assuming from
everyone's reaction here that this is a really unusual thing, and I am
unlikely to have any problems with the replacement.

Victoria