Old 24-03-2003, 04:32 PM
Victoria Clare

Default Bosch shredder, poot.

It came (from tesco.com), it chewed stuff up for about half an hour, then
it stopped, and would not start again.

Bummer. Back to the matches.

Old 24-03-2003, 06:08 PM
Natalie

"Victoria Clare" wrote in message
.206...
It came (from tesco.com), it chewed stuff up for about half an hour, then
it stopped, and would not start again.

Bummer. Back to the matches.

The shredder I use jams if I try to put too much soft stuff through at once.
All I need to do is undo a nut, take the top section off and unjam it. It
is a 'bummer' when it happens but shredding stuff is much more preferably to
burning and not an option for either my small London garden or at school.

Natalie

Old 24-03-2003, 06:44 PM
Ophelia

"Natalie" wrote in message

"Victoria Clare" wrote in message
.206...
It came (from tesco.com), it chewed stuff up for about half an hour,

then
it stopped, and would not start again.

Bummer. Back to the matches.

The shredder I use jams if I try to put too much soft stuff through at

once.
All I need to do is undo a nut, take the top section off and unjam it. It
is a 'bummer' when it happens but shredding stuff is much more preferably

burning and not an option for either my small London garden or at school.

Our Black and Decker is the same.. Seems to be a universal problem

Ophelia
Scotland

Old 24-03-2003, 07:32 PM
dave @ stejonda

In message , Victoria
Clare writes
It came (from tesco.com), it chewed stuff up for about half an hour, then
it stopped, and would not start again.

Bummer. Back to the matches.

Have you checked the blades weren't clogged?

--
dave @ stejonda [Operation Tailwind never happened]

Alternative Global News : http://commondreams.org//
Old 24-03-2003, 08:20 PM
Dave Liquorice

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 16:32:14 +0000, Victoria Clare wrote:

It came (from tesco.com), it chewed stuff up for about half an hour,
then it stopped, and would not start again.

Has a thermal protection trip operated. Depending on how hard you
where working it this is a possibilty. These normaly self reset after
a few (5 to 30) minutes.

Also check for jammed up as already posted.

--
Cheers
Dave. Remove "spam" for valid email.

Old 24-03-2003, 08:33 PM
Chris Stewart

"Victoria Clare" wrote in message
.206...
It came (from tesco.com), it chewed stuff up for about half an hour, then
it stopped, and would not start again.

Bummer. Back to the matches.

Hmm, my Bosch 1600 shredded my hedge trimmings, honeysuckle, clematis, roses
etc no probs - thank goodness. Maybe you got a dud?? I think it's the cats
pj's

Chris

Old 25-03-2003, 09:56 AM
Victoria Clare

"Ophelia" wrote in
:

"Natalie" wrote in message

"Victoria Clare" wrote in message
.206...
It came (from tesco.com), it chewed stuff up for about half an
hour,

then
it stopped, and would not start again.

Bummer. Back to the matches.

The shredder I use jams if I try to put too much soft stuff through
at

once.
All I need to do is undo a nut, take the top section off and unjam
it. It is a 'bummer' when it happens but shredding stuff is much
more preferably

burning and not an option for either my small London garden or at
school.

Our Black and Decker is the same.. Seems to be a universal problem

No, this was not a jam: nothing was stuck at any point, and I tried it
again several hours later - still no joy, so it's not the thermal cutout
either. The engine failed. I rang the helpline in the end, and that's what
they said.

There are only a few things you can do to a shredder if it's not working,
and believe me, I did them!
Old 25-03-2003, 11:44 AM
Ophelia

"Victoria Clare" wrote in message

No, this was not a jam: nothing was stuck at any point, and I tried it
again several hours later - still no joy, so it's not the thermal cutout
either. The engine failed. I rang the helpline in the end, and that's

what
they said.

There are only a few things you can do to a shredder if it's not working,
and believe me, I did them!

I hope it is new enough for them to exchange/refund/repair.

Ophelia

Old 25-03-2003, 04:32 PM

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 09:43:34 +0000, Victoria Clare
wrote:

No, this was not a jam: nothing was stuck at any point, and I tried it
again several hours later - still no joy, so it's not the thermal cutout
either. The engine failed. I rang the helpline in the end, and that's what
they said.

There are only a few things you can do to a shredder if it's not working,
and believe me, I did them!

Is it electric? Did you check the fuse in the plug? Did you try the
socket/RCD and as much of the connecting cable as possible with a
different appliance to eliminate non-shredder faults?

(Apologies if all this is obvious, but *I've* been caught out by
assuming that I know where a fault is on more than one occasion!)
--
Stuart Baldwin
news\at/boxatrix\dot/co\dot/uk
Old 25-03-2003, 11:32 PM
Michael Berridge

Victoria Clare wrote in message ...
It came (from tesco.com), it chewed stuff up for about half an hour,

then
it stopped, and would not start again.

Mine is superb, it got through a huge pile of prunings etc, some very
old and dry, last weekend in about an hour. Its a worm drive one and
will cope with 35mm thick branches.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk

Old 26-03-2003, 06:08 AM
Brian Watson

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Natalie" wrote in message

The shredder I use jams if I try to put too much soft stuff through at

once.
All I need to do is undo a nut, take the top section off and unjam it.

It
is a 'bummer' when it happens but shredding stuff is much more

preferably
burning and not an option for either my small London garden or at

school.

Our Black and Decker is the same.. Seems to be a universal problem

My new Homebase own brand 1400w one is fine.

I don't give it anything oversize to chomp and it just keeps chewing.

--
Brian
"Happy St George's Day. It either is, just was, or soon will be."