Old 16-02-2007, 10:22 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Robert Lorenzini Robert Lorenzini is offline

Default Stop me before I buy more

We bought 11 more miniatures from Andy last weekend at the
OC show. What was once a classic sailboat is now a green
house. Mon. am I noticed a strong sweet perfume
smell and looking around I found it was coming from the
Tuberolabium (Saccolablum) odoratissimum which bloomed
all 30-40 flowers at once. By noon each day the fragrance
is gone but this is really cool. I can see now that
the potted plants will have to go to make room for a
lot more mounted species.

Bob