Old 17-02-2007, 01:14 AM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default Fragipani cuttings

"HC" wrote in message
G'day again

One thought that I had last night re Frangi trees growing in a large
pot.......how large is the root system? and how invasive? I realise that
I'll have to repot every few years but wondering if the root system would
crack a glazed pot, for instance.

Thinking of putting the red one I bought on eBay in a large glazed pot.
Bronwyn ;-)

i had two in a big plastic pot, & they were fine. i found the root system
was appropriately small. however, in a pot i don't think the tree would
ultimately grow really large as they would in a garden. they're very pretty,
small in a pot, though! any tree in a pot you need to keep an eye on.
kylie